Sunday, August 31, 2008

On friday, I received a call from a staff writer at the Washington Post asking how John McCain's VP pick, Sarah Palin, might influence evangelical women voters. Not being an evangelical woman, I felt it best to refer her to one or two people that I believe could give her a better answer. The first name that came to my mind was Margaret Feinberg.

Recently, Margaret posted a blog article reflecting on the Palin pick that I think deserves a read. It touches on the hutzpah of McCain's move as well as what this means for American progress. As Margaret writes, "I think McCain couldn't have made a better decision. As a woman, I'm excited that we're seeing progress on the ballot on both the Republican and Democratic tickets."

Check out her article, and then let me know what you think of the Palin pick and Margaret's assessment.

1 comment:

Christin said...

At first I was livid over the Palin pick. I thought that it would devastate McCain's ticket having a no-name as his running mate. Having read Margaret's blog I am somewhat hopeful, if she feels that way there are others that do as well. I think it was a good pick by the McCain camp.